Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I Went To A Gym and All I Got Was Lower Self-Esteem

I just got a 7-day pass to Celebrity Fitness, (no) thanks to Dania. And me, being a lover of free stuff and all things free, went to give it a try. I am not really a gym person, I don't like the of feel the lack of adrenaline as compared to doing sports.

My first impression of that entire gym was that it was BLODDY HUGE. And all the machines that were there consists of the usual treadmills and bicycles and some unconventional ones: like a butt machine (which I promptly tried for a firmer and toner gluteous maximus). And they have receptionists, a sauna, a yoga and pilates room, and a group exercise room. Maybe its just me, but the only gym which I have been to was the Tropicana gym which I snuck into on certain occasions. I think I need more exposure.

And lets not get started on the dressing rooms. My God, how can Malaysians have those kinds of bodies? Bulging muscles and pecs and a six-packed abdomen, I was intimidated - like, seriously intimidated. Have they not even heard of Malaysian food? It is not physically possible in our country! So much for self-esteem.

Was hoping a cute chick trainer would come and teach me how to use the machines, but to no avail. The desperate look just doesn't work anymore. On a side not: I was glad they don't have the rather obscene iGallop there, or I would burst out laughing or smirking (depending on which gender was on it)

I went home with sore and aching muscles.

Celebrity Fitness ought to hire me as their marketing agent. Product placements, anyone?

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger princess poopy said...

LOL. you're welcome, u ungrateful prick.

cant believe u tried the butt machine.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Adelynn said...

you!! gave them my phone number!!
haha horrrible....luckily i didn't go, or my self esteem will just go down the drain! =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home