Saturday, September 18, 2004

Of Empty Wallets and Dashed Hopes

My wallet is crying. September is the month when most people celebrate their birthdays. While they are celebrating their coming-of-age, I, however, am moaning the lack of moolah in my wallet. Was there really a baby boom in September 1985, or is it just merely coincidence that I have a lot of Virgos and Librans as friends? I dunno, but after a steamboat on Thursday and Chillis on Friday, I still have to buy some presents for them. Sigh. I shouldn't be complaining though. Especially since mine is around the corner. =) *hint* A mobile phone would be nice *hint* (Get it?)

Which brings me to managing money. I so suck at this. Which makes it worse since that I am going to be a potential actuary in the future. Well, so long as more money is coming to me than going out, I couldn't care less. However, I think that I am spending way more than I should have on a lot of things. Food, mostly. And food and food and food. Someimes a movie or two. Then food again. I eat. A lot. So most of the money which I should possess lie in my stomach. Whats that about turning liabilities into assets? My asset seems to be turning into a liability. Damn.

I guess I have to live with it. Part of the process of being independent. Independence rocks, only if you have more money.

Oh yeah, BoNdI sent me a postcard from her almost-Utopia. For those wondering, she is the 'stranger' mentioned in the post below. I heard she is having a great time there though. Enjoy!

Current Music: Scorpions' Send Me An Angel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home