Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Of CNY

My first Chinese New Year abroad and it was awesome!!! ('awesome' sounds too American :P)

We made steamboat for reunion dinner. I thought we didn't have enough food but we actually had more than enough. Started cooking since 12 in the afternoon, and we ate from 7 at night to 12. Had two broths - chicken and tomyam. And our selection of food was chicken, salmon, quail's eggs, fu zhu, mushrooms and many many balls. Lol. =) We just talked and talked and laughed and laughed. Reminded me of mamaks back at home.

The next day, we went to Chinatown and Trafalgar Square to check out the crowds. Damn, it was so packed. And the prices were rip offs. I saw 1 stick of chicken satay costs 1 pounds. Had lunch/dinner at Pizza Hut. I missed the firecrackers though.

To all readers, Gong Xi Fa Cai! And as an afterthought, Hong Bao Na Lai.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger .:dewgem:. said...

hey hey..

how come you so quiet? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home